Monday, June 1, 2009

Moderne Baby Blanket

I have finished the audiobook, "O Jerusalem" by Laurie R. King, and greatly enjoyed listening to it. Listening to an audiobook is a different experience than tangibly turning pages and reading print on a page, but not in a bad way. The reader's (Jenny Sterlin) voice reminded me a lot of Dame Judy Dench's voice as M in the recent James Bond movies. I think I will continue with the Mary Russell detective series audiobooks, which luckily, our public library carries.

In the process of listening to the book, I made progress on the Moderne Baby Blanket:

The effect is supposed to be reminiscent of a Mondrian painting, with its neat study of colored blocks. The lighting is off in the picture, so the khaki colored part is more of a gold-yellow, and the green is a little bitmore vibrant. With my color choices, the blanket looks very autumnal and I hate to say it, a little bit 70s. Oh, well. Baby won't mind, as long as it keeps her warm. The blanket is easy to make, and the perfect project if you are watching tv, or listening to the radio, or an audiobook.

I downloaded a new audiobook this weekend. The book, "Crocodile on the Sandbank" by Elizabeth Peters, is the first in another mystery series featuring a female detective, Amelia Peabody. I love Egyptology, love British mysteries, and this one seems like a fun, light (but not stupid) read. I plan to listen to this while traveling to visit friends in Seattle this coming weekend. Both husband and I are really looking forward to the trip!

2 comments:

Susan said...

YAY! So happy you're coming. And, I LOVE that blanket. Can you make me one, too, while you're up here? ;)

Andria said...

Very nice! I like the modern look.