Wednesday, June 17, 2009

If You Need a Little Knitting Help

I taught my friend S to knit while we visited Seattle. I was slightly worried that we had chosen such fine yarn for a first project, but I knew she would be able to handle it. But then, after I returned to San Francisco, I got an email entitled "NOOOOOOOO!" and I knew something had happened.

So, for those of you who might not have a real live knitter to turn to, I offer you this website. It is chock full of information and helpful videos, so you can actually SEE how to do something. The videos don't go too quickly, so you can follow along. And best of all, it is FREE. Use it, and be glad it exists - I consult this website all the time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Well, after the "Nooooooooooooo" part deux, where the cat ate the freaking yarn, I started again last night and I'm on the 4th or 5th row again. I can see a little error here and there, but I've decided to just keep going and the scarf will turn out the way it will. :) I'll send you pics of my progress.