Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

For the future daddy in the family, I decided to make homemade blueberry pancakes (one of his favorite things to eat) on Father's Day.

I used fresh organic blueberries we received from our organic produce delivery service, and buttermilk (yes, I went and got some more - this will now spawn a new slew of buttermilk related dishes).



These pancakes were delicious with pure maple syrup drizzled on top. As a treat, we even had some crisp bacon with the pancakes. Delicious!


These pancakes are based on the Blueberrry Buttermilk Pancakes from the Joy of Cooking.  I made the pancakes a little differently by substituting some whole wheat flour for some of the all-purpose white flour, and adding a little less butter to the recipe. 



Then, since I had all my baking stuff out anyway, I made some homemade banana bread with bananas that were on their last legs.  The whole house smelled so warm and inviting as this bread was baking in the oven.

No comments: