Thursday, June 4, 2009

Knitting Tattoos

Check these out. Hilarious. I would get one that said something like "Knit Free or Die" with a ball of yarn on fire with two knitting needles coming out of it. Yeah...

I do have a random tattoo leftover from my silly youth. It is on my tummy, and is supposed to be a snake (my Chinese astrological symbol), but really, it just looks like a sad piece of string. I got this when I was in Estonia (can you say random?!). Basically, I let one of my friends I was travelling with convince me into getting one. She got one, too, but it ended up being a lot nicer than mine. She got one of those ubiquitous lower back tattoos, and I think it was of a lizard or something. My husband also has some tattoos, one on each arm of his last name in the traditional Japanese and Chinese characters. Those are rather large, and pretty nice. Not like mine at all.

I remember being ridiculously frightened, and that the tattoo artist shared a couple of shots of vodka with me before we started. Uh, that is a total no-no for reputable tattoo artists. Many in the States will not allow anyone who is drunk to get a tattoo. But, no worries, at that time, my alcohol tolerance was way high, and a few of shots of vodka was nothing, to me, and to the tattoo guy. I also remember another one of my friends saying at the time, "Dude, if you ever get pregnant, you are going to have, like, an anaconda across your belly."

Well, here I am, years later, actually pregnant. I examined my tattoo this morning. So far, no anaconda, just a sad little piece of string.

No comments: