Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Medium Fat Cheesecake

This weekend was gorgeous and relaxing. I went to Imagiknit where I purchased totally
 unnecessary, but pretty yarn (Koigu Painter's Premium Merino) to make the Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery. http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring08/PATTlaceribbon.html I actually intended the yarn for a modular scarf pattern from Art Yarns, but as I knitted it up, the yarn just looked muddy and weird. I have tried this Art Yarns pattern with another type of yarn with the same problem (Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend). Perhaps it is a plot by Art Yarns to make sure that you can only use their yarn and nothing else! One day, one day...


We had friends over on Labor Day for a BBQ dinner. Of course, we didn't sit in the yard which is under semi-construction (a story for another day), but we did grill the chicken outside and brought it back upstairs and indoors. I still say this counts as a BBQ. I also made a "low-fat cheesecake" with lemon curd and strawberries which was de-lee-ci-ous.http://www.recipezaar.com/166151 The recipe from Paula Deen calls for sugar substitute, neufchatel cheese (instead of full fat cream cheese), butter substitute and egg substitute. What the hell? Why even bother? And this from the lady whose recipes and cooking shows on tv always call for adding a stick of butter to everything. So, I mixed it up a bit and tried to make it lower fat. My husband called it a "medium fat" cheesecake. We all agreed that the medium fat cheesecake was a success. 

1 comment:

Lance said...

It was a 100% success!