Thursday, August 28, 2008

Crazy Hot

Yesterday it reached 91 degrees in San Francisco. People here just don't know what to do when it gets that hot. All around the office people were talking about how they could not go outside because it was too damn hot. Today is still pretty warm for San Francisco, around 80 degrees, I think.

In any case, I left the office a little bit early yesterday (surprise!) to attend a knitting event at my local yarn store, Urban Knitting Studio http://www.urbanknitting.com/. It was called Knit and Wine. Nothing wrong with that combo! There was a fire on Treasure Island so there was horrific traffic yesterday on the Bay Bridge and downtown San Francisco. I have never seen it like that before, bumper to bumper with NO movement. It took me an hour to get to the event from my office. What should have been less than a $10 cab ride turned into almost $25! I was going to get out and walk, but I had a whole bunch of work crap with me and I was in a not so great neighborhood, so I ended up forking over the fare with sadness. But, at least the event was great.

No comments: