Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Baby Leg Warmers and Storytime

Originally, I laughed at the idea of baby leg warmers because 1) leg warmers are oh so 80's and I can't believe that they are back, and 2) baby legs are so short, so how would these really fit anyway?  I didn't want to shell out any cash for baby leg warmers.  However, as many nursing mothers can tell you, holding a baby close during feedings can feel like holding a little fireball next to your chest.  You get hot, and so I like to open windows.  But, then baby gets cold.  You could put on pants or tights over a onesie, but they do get cumbersome during diaper changes. I decided to give leg warmers a try.  But, as a knitting mother, I figured I could make a pair easily, cheaply, and ones that were custom measured for my baby's little legs.  Sooooo, here they are:

These are based on this pattern. Somehow, during late night knitting, I omitted row 2 from the pattern, but I like the way mine turned out anyway. Because I left out row two, the twist pattern is slightly different from the one in the pattern.  These took a few late night knitting sessions to make, and I imagine that someone who doesn't have to worry about a screaming baby could make these even more quickly.

I also recently got a shipment of Korean storybooks from my uncle in Seoul.  I read these to Emma.  My Korean is workable, but not excellent. Reading these Korean books to to her goes at a slow pace, but I don't think she minds.  In fact, she seems to like it!

1 comment:

Susan said...

PRECIOUS!!! Those leg warmers are DARLING. And that picture of her smiling at the book is my favorite one of her yet! I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks. I am going to smother her with hugs and kisses. And then she'll start thinking of me as "Crazy Aunt Susan". ;)