Friday, September 11, 2009

So This Is Where She Gets It From

Sleeping habits:  like father, like daughter, right down to snoring...


Emma has also developed a bad case of baby acne!  I won't post any embarrassing pictures of her face with her baby zits, but apparently this is a very common thing to happen and will pass soon (hopefully). She has also developed the very bad habit of biting me to let me know she is done feeding.  OUCH!  My mother gets a HUGE kick out of this development and laughs at my pain.  Apparently, I used to do the same thing to her when I was a baby.  To my mother, this is cosmic retribution.

Even though I wrote earlier that knitting is on hold, I started a VERY simple diagonal garter stitch baby blanket for one of our friends who is expecting a baby boy in December. 
I can't continue on any of my previous projects that I started before Emma's arrival, since they all have pattern rows and require concentration.  This blanket requires absolutely no concentration and I can drop it in the middle of a row if I have to attend to Emma.  I will probably alternate colors to make it more interesting, but haven't quite decided on the colors yet, other than the blue.  Of course, it has taken me quite a while to get as far as I have on this blanket (which is not far at all).  My life is now timed in an hour and a half to two hour spurts between feedings.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That pictures is ADORABLE! She's so cute and, yes, every baby I've ever seen has gone through the acne phase at around 1 month and it has always gone away with all of them that I've known. Sorry about the biting, but the story made me laugh!

Hope things get more calm soon! HUGS to you.