Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bye, Mom! and Knitting on Hold

I am delirious from lack of sleep since Emma has not slept at night for the past two days.  I can't believe it is already September and time for my mother to go back to New Jersey.  She has been here for almost a month and will leave this Saturday.  It is a Korean tradition for a mother to come and help her daughter after the daughter's baby is born.  With my mother's departure, things will be a lot dirtier around the house, we will eat less and meals will not be as elaborate and delicious, and I will be even more tired.  I will also miss being able to talk to her everyday and ask her baby-raising questions.  I imagine it might get a little lonelier around the house, too.  I am sure baby Emma will miss having my mom around, too, since Emma gets along with her really well.

In any case, knitting has been on hold since the arrival of Emma.  Especially anything that calls for pattern rows.  I just don't have the concentration or time available right now.  I missed getting a scarf done in time for my friend's brithday. I started the Purlbee's Checkerboard Scarf for my friend, R.  It is made from organic cotton yarn, since R is a vegan.  I hope to finish this scarf sometime in the next couple of months, since people tell me that as Emma gets older, things will get easier.


1 comment:

avalucia said...

"...since people tell me that as Emma gets older, things will get easier."

--> Ahahahahah! Right.