Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More Layoffs

Here we go again - round two of the official layoffs happened today (this is not counting the stealth ones that happened before the "official" layoffs). People from other departments and floors came by and poked their heads into offices to see who survived the layoffs. I felt like saying to those rubberneckers, "I am still here, you, motherf-rs!". But, I didn't. I am trying to remain zen about this whole thing, since I could fall victim to round three (I bet there will be one if the economy and business not pick up). I mean, none of this stuff is really in my control. The decisions are made waaaaaaayyyyy above my corporate peon level. Best not to stress with just a month left in my pregnancy. Ironically, however, even with the slowdown, I have been really busy at work recently and quite a few late nights have been required.

I just hope that those who were let go today land on their feet and are able to move on to bigger and better things. I don't know if this is a case of the grass being greener, but when I meet up with those who have left, they seem healthier and happier (of course after they have gotten over the initial sadness) and many of them have told me that it seems like a big weight has been lifted off their shoulders. I just wish that those people would have been allowed to choose the way in which they left, instead of being forced or asked to leave.

No comments: