Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Completed Moderne Baby Blanket with Applied I-Cord Border

I finished the Moderne Baby Blanket.  Miles and miles of garter stitch.  While some people might find this tedious, I found this blanket to be comforting and pleasant to knit.  I would definitely knit this blanket again, and plan to try some of the other log cabin knitting blankets in the Mason Dixon book.  

Instead of using the mitered edging suggested for the blanket, I used an applied i-cord edging.  I can't say this was my original idea; I got the idea from Kelly Petkun's KnitPicks podcast.  Kelly, the owner of KnitPicks, also has an excellent video tutorial on the applied i-cord and how it specifically works with the Moderne Baby Blanket.

3 comments:

Susan said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! I think it's beautiful. Can't wait to see a little baby all bundled in that soon!!

Momily said...

It looks fantastic. And finished just in the nick of time... tick, tock, tick, tock!

Andria said...

That's really pretty - I like the bold colors. Great job!