Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Vegan Has Landed

The vegan has arrived! My friend, R, arrived on Monday from Ithaca, NY to visit us. Emma has taken a shine to her.
Emma is growing quickly - she's got a large baby belly. She is also attempting to rollover.
On R's first night in San Francisco, we all went to Herbivore, a vegan restaurant. I admit I was skeptical at first, not because it is a vegan restaurant (one of my favorite restaurants is a vegan one), but because I had heard some negative reviews about the place. Happily, our meals were very good. R and I both had the "cheesesteak" and husband had the BBQ "chicken" sandwich. Here's the "cheesesteak" (yes, I know, a traditional cheesesteak does not have lettuce and tomatoes on it, but it was still very good):
The portions were huge, but we saved room for dessert and finished with a piece of strawberry rhubarb pie and German chocolate cake. The pie was especially delicious.

1 comment:

Susan said...

How fun!!! I'm jealous of you guys having all this fun before I get there. Save some Emma smiles for me!