Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Dreaded Kale Smoothie

Well, the vegan has flown back to New York.  I am at home sick with a terrible cold. Can't tell if my cold has affected Emma, but she has been very fussy for the past three days. 

Before R came to visit me, she wrote to me to tell me about her special kale smoothie.  I thought it sounded absolutley gross, but it turns out that it wasn't so bad.  She made it practically everyday that she was here for herself, me and husband. The ingredients are super secret, but it tasted quite good and was very healthful.

This past week was a busy week, full of new friends for Emma, and lots and lots of vegan cuisine from around the city and at home. We have had vegan cupcakes, pancakes, pies, Japanese and Chinese food.  I will post more about the restaurants later, but sadly, I don't have any pictures of the vegan food.  

Husband and I have been really good about the vegetarian diet.  We both feel really good about it and proud that we have stuck to it for this entire month.  We are going to keep to the diet as much as possible.

No comments: