Thursday, February 25, 2010

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I love fresh brussel sprouts.  They are like little baby cabbages. 

I like to pan saute them, or even better, I like to roast them in the oven.  This time, I had some really large broccoli crowns, so I added them to the mix.

Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Brussel sprouts, ends trimmed, yucky outer leaves peeled off.  Cut in half if they are huge.
Minced garlic
Olive Oil
Lemon juice
Salt
Pepper

Preheat your oven - I put my oven to 400 degrees, your oven might be different, so just experiment.  Toss the brussel sprouts with the minced garlic, olive oil to coat, some lemon juice, salt and pepper.  Spread out the brussel sprouts on a foil lined pan and pop in the oven. 

Roast them about 20 minutes, but keep half an eye on them, just so they don't burn to a crisp.  I don't mind if they get a little blackened, though.

Couldn't be simpler!

No comments: