Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fiery Milkweed and Wedge of Lime

I finished a couple of shawlettes in the past two months.  I guess I could sign up for the 10 Shawls in 2010 challenge on Ravelry, but I don't want to put pressure on myself.  With work being as crazy as it has been and with little baby Emma, I feel like I could very easily be derailed on that challenge!

Here is my Milkweed Shawl.  I bought this yarn a year or so ago, promising my mother that I would make a scarf for her.  Well, a year later, I finally made something out of it, just in time for her arrival this week.
Here is the Citron Shawl (what I have renamed as a Wedge of Lime, because that is what it looks like to me).  I know, I know, it is in the same color and yarn as the pattern pictures.  No originality, but I love it.  I wore it around even before I finished blocking it, because I love the color, the softness of Malabrigo Lace, etc. etc. 
I will have to get some pictures to post with actual people wearing these shawlettes...

Both patterns are very well written and easy to follow.  The Milkweed Shawl pattern is especially nice because it gives both written and charted directions.  Milkweed is an incredibly fast knit (and I don't think I am a particularly speedy knitter) because it is all knit stitch, no purl (yay!).   A Wedge of Lime is my first completed laceweight project.  Very thin yarn = a long time knitting, but beautiful results. 

And just because, Emma wants to say "Oh, hai..."  (for those of us who love icanhascheezburger.com):

No comments: