Monday, November 23, 2009

We're Back

We arrived back in San Francisco today from the east coast.  My grandmother made a surprising and unexpected recovery while we were there, and no one can tell what will happen over the next month or two.  Before we made this emergency trip, we had already purchased non-refundable tickets to go east for Christmas, so we will be going back again soon.

Emma did so well on the plane rides there and back.  She had a little poop accident and some got on Daddy during the flight to the east coast (hee hee), but other than that, nothing disastrous.  She was complimented on her good behavior by fellow passengers and the flight crew.

Our trip was very family oriented.  The experience was strange, because everyone was upset about my grandmother, but so happy to see each other.  We saw members of my family from Seoul whom I have not seen since high school.  We went to the hospice everyday to see my grandmother, and just spent time with relatives and friends.  I finally got to meet my friend H's baby girl.  Adorable.  Someone in my family received a marriage proposal while we were there, too!   Eveyone was enamored with Emma, and I was grateful that my relatives met her while she is still a little baby.

No comments: