Monday, November 2, 2009

The Every Way Wrap

I am making the Every Way Wrap as a gift for my mother.  She actually picked this pattern so it isn't ruining the surprise to post a picture of the progress.

Due to my lack of experience in reading cable charts, the 15-row repeat cable pattern and the severe errata published in the original pattern, this project had a tumultuous start.  I ripped it apart five (!) times before I actually got into the groove and figured out the chart and the pattern.

The design is by a Korean knitwear designer, and it is really cool. It is a reversible cable, so it won't have a right or wrong side, as most cable knits do. It is also designed to be worn in a multitude of ways, either as a scarf, a wrap, or even, with clever placement of buttons, as a vest.





















I can't wait until it is finished so I can give this to my mother.  I hope to have it finished by Christmas time, but with a baby, and with my return to the corporate peon world looming on the near horizon, that might not be possible.

No comments: