Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yummy, But Without the Calories!

My shipment of Misti International Chunky Baby Alpaca yarn arrived at work today. Of course, my assistant opened the package before she gave it to me, saw the contents and asked "Did you just order a whole bunch of packing material?" Oh well, to the knitting uninitiated, I guess getting a peek at an overstuffed envelope filled with mostly gray yarn looks like that fluffy stuff you find in those manila padded envelopes.

Sorry for the bad photo, I only had my Blackberry's crappy camera available...I got a fabulous deal on this yarn at WEBS, and actually got more than one skein in each of the above pictured colors. WEBS is having a huge sale on this stuff because of some Canadian factory overstock - it is almost 50% off the regular WEBS price (which is already actually a little lower than going to a local yarn store). That being said, nothing can replace going to an actual brick and mortar store and feeling the yarn, seeing the colors in person and supporting your local businesses.

The yarn is so smooshy soft, and being as chunky as it is, it should knit up quickly. I am thinking of making this out of the light gray and blue twist for myself. The dark gray and blue twist will end up being something for my husband, probably a 2X2 ribbed manly scarf (we will match!). And the orangey-rust, well, I don't know. I just liked the color (photo does not do it justice). Maybe I will have enough to make this. But, that won't happen until after baby pops out and I am back to some semblance of normal size.

No comments: