Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Moving and Tears

My office is moving this Friday. We will still be in San Francisco, just a little closer to downtown. We all got a bunch of big ass orange crates into which we must pack our office lives.
I swear I never knew I could collect so much paper. I feel guilty because I single-handedly must have downed a small forest's worth of paper. I have had a quite a few moments of "Oh, so that's where I put that document!" Not good. So that is the "Moving" part of this post.


The "Tears" part of this post is because our new president was sworn in yesterday, and his inaugural speech was so moving that it brought tears to my eyes. I mean, just read the below excerpt from Obama's speech, and how can you not be moved by the hope it embodies and the faith in the basic goodness of humans??
"For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies. It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job which sees us through our darkest hours. It is the firefighter's courage to storm a stairway filled with smoke, but also a parent's willingness to nurture a child, that finally decides our fate. "

The full text of his speech can be found here.

1 comment:

Momily said...

I watched Notorious C.H.O. with Margaret Cho last night. Totally thought of your link to Stuff Korean Moms Like!