Monday, January 5, 2009

Where is My Knitting Mojo?

I emerge from the working holidays, alive, but not unscathed, and I wonder, where has my knitting mojo gone? I cannot seem to get myself to pick up the needles. I even got these:


The snazziest of knitting snaz - Addi Clicks Interchangeable Needles - a Christmas gift from my little brother (thanks, little bro!). And I still can't get myself to knit. My last completed project is my Taste the Rainbow Scarf. I am hoping that my kniting mojo returns soon, because I, and my husband, may just die if all my yarn stashing was for naught.

Where did 2008 go?? New Year's Eve was very quiet, just me and the husband goofing around together, then another day of working on New Year's Day. We finished up watching the last season of the BBC's version of Robin Hood. We got the DVDs through Netflix. I liked it a lot, but my husband quickly got tired of the back and forth robbing and pillaging and crazy hare-brained schemes which all amazingly come together at the end, and would occasionally yell at the screen, "Why don't you just kill him and get it over with!?!" I told him it wouldn't make for a very good series if the main evil guy got killed within the first few episodes. He didn't care for my logic, but I also noticed that he did not stop watching...

Finally, just for kicks, here is a picture of Monkey, captured right after she got a good scolding. She does not look very contrite at all, does she? In fact, it looks more like she is plotting my death.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That is the funniest picture of Monkey. :) That's exactly the face of our black cat, Genghis, when we get mad at him. It's defiance, all the way.

I'm feeling the same "blah" feeling you are about stuff. All of the things that I *want* to be passionate about, I can't excited for. I'm also thinking that I'm a little agorophobic (spelling?) these days. I literally don't want to leave the house...EVER. I have said "no" to every social invitation for the month of January and I just sit at home and piddle my evenings and weekends away. It's weird. I don't know if it's January or a new phase of life. We are also in that "finish off series" modes like you just did. We just finished "The Wire" and its five seasons in early December. And now we are working our way through three seasons of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia", which I have to tell you to run right out and see if you haven't already. I think it's definitely your type of humor. :)

Glad you made it through the holidays and your crap coworker didn't kill you. :)