Thursday, October 6, 2011

Groovin' and Babblin'

Back in May, my brother bought and sent us an old school boombox so that Emma and my mother could easily play their music.  People, I live with a computer nerd who took away all our CDs after burning the music onto an external hard drive.  Yes, it saves space, but sometimes, I just miss the simplicity of putting in a CD and pushing play, no turning on the computer, no searching for the proper directory, no searching for songs, etc. etc.  And, yes, I know I am a dork and not with the times.  But, do you remember making mix tapes and/or mix CDs?  That, my friends, is a lost art...

Anyways, we keep this boombox in the living room on the floor.  It only took Emma a few days to learn how to operate it and she has been using the thing ever since.  She picks the CD she wants to play from a small CD case, puts it in the player, pushes play, and then starts dancing away.

Here's a video of Emma dancing to a song from her Pororo CD and to Wheels on the Bus.  She *LOVES* her Pororo CD.  I have heard this CD so many times, my head aches just thinking about it.  Let me tell you, Pororo the Little Penguin is like cartoon royalty in Korea (warning! clicking on the link takes you to a site which plays one of the crazy-making songs from the CD).  He is everywhere.  I guess he is like the Elmo of Korea.  Her new favorite song is Wheels on the Bus.  She knows the hand motions that go along with the song.  In the video, you see her looking off to the corner because that is where I am standing, following along with her motions.  You will also see her running over to me a couple of times to make sure I am paying FULL attention to her.  Did I mention she is having some jealousy issues since the arrival of baby Ethan?? 


Emma really loves to sing as well.  She knows quite a few songs, but her favorites to sing are Wheels on the Bus, the Alphabet Song, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Baa Baa Black Sheep (all three of which have the same exact melody, just different words), Are You Sleeping, and three or four other Korean songs. 

I don't know what Ethan makes of all this singing and dancing.  I think sometimes he is just overwhelmed by Emma and all the noise a 2 year old can generate.  Here he is, babbling away after his sister's bedtime, which is really the only time he can get a word in edgewise.

1 comment:

Susan said...

So, did I send you the Songs for Wiggleworms CD or do we happen to have the exact same music????!! I LOVE her little dancing around to those songs. Too cute for words!