Friday, July 16, 2010

Pizza Party at Home

A couple of weekends ago, I made pizza.  From scratch.  Not too hard, actually.  Pizza dough is remarkably easy to make and pretty resilient.  You really can't mess it up too badly.  One thing to keep in mind, though, is that pizza dough will take time. You need to let the dough proof, which can take a couple of hours.  I just went and played with this little character while waiting.

I used the pizza dough recipe from Smitten Kitchen.  Very basic - flour, water, yeast, olive oil and salt!  I doubled the recipe and substituted about half of the white flour with whole wheat flour, so my crust was a bit more rustic, earthy and healthy.  I rolled out the dough into two pizzas.  I spread on my homemade tomato sauce (so very simple to make), and then I loaded the pizzas with chopped veggies - onions, mushrooms, broccolini and olives.   
I topped with some shredded mozzarella cheese (R, all of this was vegan until this point, sorry!).   
Then, I put the pizzas in the oven on a baking sheet sprinkled with a little cormmeal and let it bake for about 15 minutes.  

The pizzas came out bubbly and melty and cheesy, and yummy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks good & yummy. Like to see more Emma videos more often.