Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Things are Scary in Corporate Peon Land

As if I thought you all didn't already know, the economy sucks. Things are slow at my corporate peon office. People are nervous and just sitting tight. It certainly puts a damper on holiday cheer.


Courtesy of icanhazcheezburger.com

But, in other news, I have finally finished my Taste the Rainbow scarf. It took FOREVER with all that 1x1 ribbing. It just needs the ends woven in and a good long soak in my wool wash. I am moving on to scarf #2, but I am not sure if that will be done in time for Christmas. Oh well, there will just be an IOU on that one.

Someone in the family has also requested a slouchy hat based on this one. I think I can do it, but would be my first time deconstructing something. I bought some really lovely Gusanito, a test yarn from Malabrigo, for this hat. The color is called Rouge, and it is a vibrant red, but has the unique kettle dye color changes that is oh-so Malabrigo. But, this will have to wait until after the holidays.

No comments: