Monday, December 8, 2008

Taste the Rainbow Striped Noro Scarf

I bought 4 balls of Noro Silk Garden at my favorite LYS, Imagiknit, this weekend and have been obsessively knitting my striped Noro scarf all weekend long. I am trying to understand all the fuss about this yarn.

Personally, I find Noro color combinations too vibrant/70s for my taste, but somehow knitting two different colorways together gives really lovely results. I choose one colorway which is pretty neutral, mostly blacks, blues, grays, with a shock of neon green, and the other is very virbrant, with pinks, fuschias, reds and greens. Still, I have found A LOT of foreign objects/vegetable matter embedded in the yarn, and some of it is large and sharp! Also, there have been two knots in one ball, and one end of the knot is in no way related colorwise to the other end of the knot, so have had to do some creative cutting and splicing. However, my sister-in-law did request a colorful scarf for Christmas, and this will fit the bill, I think. I am hoping that a good soak will soften up the yarn a bit, too.

No comments: