Monday, August 6, 2012

Gangnam Style

In order to fully appreciate our home video, you should watch this first:
Ridiculous.  I am embarrassed for my peeps.  But, apparently, husband tells me this Korean dance video is taking the world by storm.  

First stop, my house:

Emma and Ethan Gangnam Style 

One might ask why would husband be showing this to our children?  Especially, because you can see that right at about 1:27 she is imitating the ladies doing yoga in their teensy shorts.  But, there are too many funny things that make up for the indiscretion.  

My favorites:
- The first moments when Ethan can't figure out what is going on, and then suddenly he is like, "Ok, it's cool.  I'll just dance, too."
- Emma doing the cowboy rope swinging move.
- Dramatic music and dance pause by Ethan, followed by immediate bopping.
- And, well, actually, Emma doing the butt yoga pose...I am just glad she didn't choose to follow along with the guy in the elevator.

BTW, in case you really want to know what he is saying, he repeats "Oppa Gangnam Style" a lot.   Oppa means older brother in Korean, but Korean women use this term to refer to boyfriends, too.  Gangnam is a ritzy area of Korea, as my mother puts it "where rich Koreans live."  The guy is talking about finding his perfect woman and how he is someone with "Oppa Gangnam Style!"

1 comment:

Susan said...

That is my favorite video of the year (yours, not the crazy gangsta Korean dude's). LOVE the dancing. And, yah, I'd seen that video on FB and someone said that it's the new "Call Me, Maybe". Now I actually love it because of E&E. :)