Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Black Cherry Boheme

In May, I finished knitting a sweet little vest for Emma.  The free pattern is called Boheme and it is well written and easy to follow.  It's perfect for the San Francisco summer weather, just something to keep the chill away.
Pay no attention to the crazy mismatched outfit underneath! And the fact that I could not get a good shot with her face because little monkey kept squiggling around! 

I made this using hand dyed sock yarn from Mary Jane's Attic which I purchased at Urban Fauna Studio.  It is a bamboo, merino wool, nylon blend.  The bamboo keeps the garment light enough for summer time (at least here in San Francisco) and helps with the color saturation.  I think the colors are gorgeous and subtle, girly, without being obnoxious. 

No comments: