Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to the World, Baby!

Emma Euna was born on August 14, 2009 at 2:44 PM. She came in at 7 lbs 10 oz., 20 inches. Labor and delivery had some bumps, but I am recovering and so is she.















These past four days have been crazy with little sleep, numerous appointments with doctors, and just basically learning how to take care of a newborn. I am so grateful that my mother was able to come from New Jersey and is staying with me for a month. Her presence has been invaluable, and what little sleep I have gotten is because she is there to take over. My husband is also wonderfully supportive and was awesome during labor, delivery and recovery. He is also learning how to take care of a newborn along with me.

Here's a picture of her at four days old. She is happy and content right after a breastfeeding (another painful leanring process, but finally underway).

3 comments:

Susan said...

YAY YAY YAY! Emma is SO beautiful. We can't wait to meet her. And, you sound so calm and peaceful. It can't have been an easy last few days, but you sound so good about it. I can't wait to hear all of your stories once things calm down a bit. Hugs to you, Emma, Lance and your mom!

Momily said...

Welcome EMMA!!!

Andria said...

Congratulations to you and Lance! I'm glad to hear things are going relatively smoothly. I'm sure Emma has some beautiful knitted things to use immediately.