Saturday, March 28, 2009

Baby's First Shoes



I finally finished these little baby shoes - the pattern is here. These were originally meant for a friend's baby girl, but then I misplaced them somewhere before I could sew on the buttons, and then I finally found them this weekend, and sewed on the buttons...but THEN, I realized that now they will be too small for my friend's baby. So now, they will be future baby's first shoes. The picture isn't that great, so the color is off. They are pink/purple - knit in Koigu. I feel pretty strongly about not dressing baby girls in all pink and frilly things, but these should be ok. They are pictured in hubbie's hand. So tiny - I hope they fit.

3 comments:

Momily said...

Adorable! I certainly wish I'd started knitting before Mather came along. There are so many baby things you can make all by yourself!

Robyn Taylor said...

cute shoes! will you make me some? also, i noticed that your blog is very pink and purple. don't fight it if those are your favorite colors -- there is nothing wrong with that.

Robyn Taylor said...

yes, I finally had some leisure time to look at your blog